Recipe by Miss Fannie
I found this recipe on the internet. This dish is named for the Hasselbacken restaurant in Stockholm.
Top Review by Sharon123
Love the tip on how to slice the potatoes! I halved the recipe, and had to cook it a little longer than called for. The flavor was great. Thanks! Made for ZWT#9-2013 by a fellow member of team Hot Stuff.
- 4 potatoes (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon seasoned dry bread crumb
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Peel the potatoes and keep them in water to prevent browning. Place potatoes into a large cooking spoon. Using a sharp knife, make slices across the potato 1/4 apart. Cut down to the lip of the spoon leaving the potato intact at the bottom. Place the potato in the water while you cut the other potatoes. Place the potatoes in a shallow pan and drizzle with half the butter. Bake for about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining butter, cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for about 20 more minutes or until brown.