Recipe by Dawn
I got this idea from Cuisine at Home, but altered the recipe to produce a moister, cheesier version. This looks like a very fancy side dish, but is actually easy to do. Definately a unique way to serve potatoes.
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I use Parmesan flavored)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray a rectangular glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare potatoes, peel and cut in half length wise and fan.
- To fan potatoes, place cut side down and slice in 1/8 inch slices.
- *Tip*Place a chopstick on each side to prevent slicing all the way through.
- Place breadcrumbs, grated cheese, olive oil, paprika, and salt in a food processor and process until mixed.
- Place potatoes in rectangular baking dish and open up fans.
- Drizzle with 1/3 cup butter, set aside remaining butter.
- Place breadcrumb mixture in a plate and with fans slightly open dip tops of potatoes in bread crumb mixture and return to baking dish.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and drizzle with remaining butter and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- May drizzle with additional butter if needed.