Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A simple yet unusual presentation for a garlic roasted potato from Susie Fishbein's Kosher by Design series.
- 8 small baking potatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced in thin slivers
- sea salt
- coarse black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean the potatoes with skins on. Cut slits on top of each potato approximately 1/8 inch apart (careful not to go all the way through). [Chop sticks or wooden spoons along each side will help prevent cutting all the way through the potato.] Place on baking sheet.
- Place a garlic sliver between each slit. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 1 hour. Baste with pan oil then bake another 30 minutes. [The potatoes will gently arch as the slits slightly fan out making for a pretty as well as tasty presentation.].
The garlic was omitted from this recipe because I was serving the potatoes with a main dish that already had garlic (Lamb Loin Chops (For the Grill) With Cafe De Paris Butter) and I didn't want garlic overkill. Regardless, it was easy to prep and delicious. What more could I ask really? An hour and half though of baking time for small potatoes would have left me with incinerated spuds. One hour baking time was sufficient for medium-sized Washington russets. Thanks for posting.
Yummo!!! Made this tonight and cut the recipe for two...we loved them. I did add a little seasoning salt to the top but folllowed the directions otherwise. Served with Autumn Cider Herbed Salmon#324903 and Simple Spinach Side Dish#378684. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. P.S. I did cut the baking time down.
These were quick and easy to prepare and I like the way the skin got very crunchy and the inside potato was soft. Made for PAC '10.