Recipe by baezus
A simple yet unusual presentation for a garlic roasted potato from Susie Fishbein's Kosher by Design series.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
The garlic was omitted from this recipe because I was serving the potatoes with a main dish that already had garlic (Recipe #239195) and I didn't want garlic overkill. Regardless, it was easy to prep and delicious. What more could I ask really? An hour and half though of baking time for small potatoes would have left me with incinerated spuds. One hour baking time was sufficient for medium-sized Washington russets. Thanks for posting.
- 8 small baking potatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced in thin slivers
- sea salt
- coarse black pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean the potatoes with skins on. Cut slits on top of each potato approximately 1/8 inch apart (careful not to go all the way through). [Chop sticks or wooden spoons along each side will help prevent cutting all the way through the potato.] Place on baking sheet.
- Place a garlic sliver between each slit. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 1 hour. Baste with pan oil then bake another 30 minutes. [The potatoes will gently arch as the slits slightly fan out making for a pretty as well as tasty presentation.].