Recipe by BlueRidgeMama
A simple yet elegant side dish that's fun to make. I've had this recipe for years, but can't remember where it came from.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
On man these were so good, added garlic powder and lots of cayenne pepper to the breadcrumb mixture and used seasoned salt, cooked them in a foil pan on my outdoor grill, so delicious, thanks for sharing Polly
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled & halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup white breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F and oil a large glass baking dish.
- prepare peeled halved potatoes, placing each half, cut side down on a cutting board. Arrange two wooden skewers or chopsticks on both sides of potato and thinly slice across. (The sticks keep you from cutting all the way through the potato.).
- Process crumbs, cheese, 1 T. of oil, paprika, and salt in food processor and then transfer to shallow dish.
- Drizzle potatoes with remaining olive oil, carefully bend to fan out sliced sections, then roll tops in bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange potatoes in baking dish, cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until until crumbs are brown and potatoes are cooked, about 15 more minutes.