Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I was running out of ways to make potatoes when I discovered Hasselback. I tried too many versions that didn't suit my taste, so I made up my own.
- 2 baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon light margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425°F Scrub potatoes. Peel if desired.
- Cut crosswise in thin slices but do not cut all the way through.
- Put potatoes in a baking dish and slightly fan.
- Drizzle with margarine and lemon juice.
- In small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, herbs, and garlic. Sprinkle on potatoes.
- Bake potatoes 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 10-15 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
The herbs burned on top of the potatoes, but the flavor was still very good. I think next time I'll cover them with foil during the baking period and uncover when the cheese is added. Thanks for sharing. :)
These are extremely tasty. I didn't add the lemon, but these potatoes didn't really need it. I'll certainly make these again.
Fantastic! The only change I made was to use olive oil instead of margarine. Thx. for really pretty recipe.