Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is an unusual way to make potatoes. When done, the potatoes are a deep golden brown, crunchy and have a slight orange flavor. Found this in "Inspired Vegetarian" cookbook.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut each peeled potatoe in half lenghtwise.
- Place flat side down and cut down as if making very thin slices, but leave the bottom 1/2 inch intact.
- place potatoes in large roasting pan.
- Coat potatoes with melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Pour the olive oil around the potatoes and on the base.
- Bake potatoes for 40-50 minutes.
- basting occasionally.
- Meanwhile juice the orange and zest half of it.
- Place juice, rind, and sugar in a saucepan and heat on low.
- Stir until sugar is disolved.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- When potatoes begin to brown, brush with orange glaze and return to the oven for 15 minutes or until potatoes are deep golden brown color.
Very easy nice way to prepare potatoes. This was a last minute choice for me and it worked out well.