Recipe by Cooking Creation
The chicken is cooked to perfection and has a wonderful spicy kick from the Cajun seasoning and creamy pepper jack cheese filling. It's very easy to prepare, too!
Top Review by kandicegriffin21
Great recipe! Very easy to prepare and cook! I used mozzarella instead of parmesean. I also add Monterey chicken seasoning and used butter garlic croutons instead of bread crumbs. Baked beautifully. My super picky husband asked if he could have all the left overs. Definitely adding this to the monthly meals list!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (about 2 halves)
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced into thin 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, cooked (frozen and thawed or sauteed fresh)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a sharp knife, make slits in the chicken breasts that are about 3/4 inches wide, making sure not to cut all the way down through the bottom of the chicken breast. You will have about 7 or 8 slits per chicken breast, depending on how large your chicken breasts are. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach evenly in the slits of the chicken.
- Combine the breadcrumb and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken. Place the pepper jack slices in the slits of the chicken.
- Place each chicken on its own lightly greased sheet of tin foil and make a "bowl", surrounding each chicken breast. This keeps the juices contained.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove each chicken breast from its tin foil "bowl" and place on a serving dish.