Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe courtesy of Hass Avocado Board. I love tortilla soup and this appears to be a bit different that others I've tried. I'm looking forward to preparing and serving this to my family.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscondensed low-sodium tomato soup
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Hass avocado, seeded, peeled and cubed (ripe, reserve 8 cubes for garnish)
- 8 corn tortilla chips, crumbled
- In a large pan, combine chicken broth, soup, cilantro, garlic and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, decrease heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly, and puree in batches in a blender.
- Return to pan, add avocado cubes and heat through.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with reserved avocado cubes and crumbled tortilla chips. Serve.
Good, unique kid of soup; especially if you love avocados. As I was making this, I felt that the amount of broth was way too high, so I decreased it by 1 cup. It was a nice consistency. The flavor definitely needed a bit of help. I added a generous splash of lime juice and salt after the soup was doe ad that seemed to do the trick. Thanx for sharing.