All of you trekkies will be familiar with this one. Hasperat is a notoriously spicy Bajoran dish in the Star Trek universe. It looks a little bit like a burrito and is made using a specially prepared brine, which if made correctly causes the eyes to water and sears the tongue. I guess it would be pretty nerdy of you to sneak this yummy wrap into the theatre and enjoy it while watching the midnight showing of the upcoming Star Trek movie by J.J. Abrams, which I'm totally not going to do... Live long and prosper, yo! EDIT: Earlier today a Bajoran woman beamed into my apartment and told me that my Harperat recipe was good, but slightly off. She said it needed to be brined in order to be an acceptable hasperat recipe, and she finds that the easiest way to do this is add some chopped hot pickled veggies. Also, she said, the green stuff is spinach, not alfalfa sprouts. Go figure.
- Zap (or phaser) your tortillas in the microwave with a damp paper towel for a few seconds so they’re pliable.
- Mix the cream cheese with desired amount of hot sauce.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on your tortillas, and make sure you cover the whole thing because this is what’s going to hold the wrap together.
- Layer the cheese on top.
- After the cheese, layer on the avocado, onions, pickled veggies and spinach.
- Roll the tortillas up tightly and tuck in the ends.
- If you wish, lightly grill each side for a few minutes.
- Cut each wrap in half diagonally and serve.
I really liked this recipe. I used Pico Pica with the cream cheese. I think next time I'll omit the onion....well maybe not.. I loved the spicy vegies. I used Mezzetta's "California HOT MIX" YUMMMM. I will for sure be making this again. Made for PAC spring 2009
I'm not a tekkie but this was a delicious recipe and I would sneak it in to the theater as it wouldn't be the first time I brought in a burrito :)lol. I firedup the ancient stove to warm my tortilla and used spring mix instead of spinach because that's what I had. I loved the way the siracha tasted with the pickled veggies. Keep the geeky recipes coming.Made for PAC Spring 09.