Recipe by The Geeky Chef
All of you trekkies will be familiar with this one. Hasperat is a notoriously spicy Bajoran dish in the Star Trek universe. It looks a little bit like a burrito and is made using a specially prepared brine, which if made correctly causes the eyes to water and sears the tongue. I guess it would be pretty nerdy of you to sneak this yummy wrap into the theatre and enjoy it while watching the midnight showing of the upcoming Star Trek movie by J.J. Abrams, which I'm totally not going to do... Live long and prosper, yo! EDIT: Earlier today a Bajoran woman beamed into my apartment and told me that my Harperat recipe was good, but slightly off. She said it needed to be brined in order to be an acceptable hasperat recipe, and she finds that the easiest way to do this is add some chopped hot pickled veggies. Also, she said, the green stuff is spinach, not alfalfa sprouts. Go figure.
Top Review by teward
This turned out pretty good if a bit spicier than expected. I added some cucumber and it helped balance out the flavor. Not the easiest to make (a little messy, sriacha + cream cheese), but very good overall with good flavor.
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup spinach
- 1⁄2 cup hot pickled vegetables, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- sriracha sauce or any hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Zap (or phaser) your tortillas in the microwave with a damp paper towel for a few seconds so they’re pliable.
- Mix the cream cheese with desired amount of hot sauce.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on your tortillas, and make sure you cover the whole thing because this is what’s going to hold the wrap together.
- Layer the cheese on top.
- After the cheese, layer on the avocado, onions, pickled veggies and spinach.
- Roll the tortillas up tightly and tuck in the ends.
- If you wish, lightly grill each side for a few minutes.
- Cut each wrap in half diagonally and serve.