My dear British hubby made this for me and I love it. Slice it up cold and serve with boiled potatoes and a salad. Or, like me, eat it while it's still warm.
- Soak cubed bread in enough water or milk to cover.
- When soft, squeeze out excess moisture.
- Mix the bread, pork, onion, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Mince mixture in a food processor.
- Lightly grease a loaf tin.
- Place mixture in tin, pressing down firmly and evenly.
- In a preheated 375F oven, bake 1 1/2- 2 hours.
- If top browns too quickly, slip aluminum foil over the tin.
- Let stand in the tin 10- 15 minutes, then turn onto a rack to cool completely.
I liked this. I had to substitute half beef and think it would be even better with all pork. I also substituted marjoram for sage, I just don't like sage. Oh and used buttermilk, which added a nice twang. Now as you can see I am not rating it bc I made so many changes. :) I will make it as is and come back to review. Just wanted to let people know it is definitely worth the effort. Very nice change from American meatloaf.