My dear British hubby made this for me and I love it. Slice it up cold and serve with boiled potatoes and a salad. Or, like me, eat it while it's still warm.
- Soak cubed bread in enough water or milk to cover.
- When soft, squeeze out excess moisture.
- Mix the bread, pork, onion, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Mince mixture in a food processor.
- Lightly grease a loaf tin.
- Place mixture in tin, pressing down firmly and evenly.
- In a preheated 375F oven, bake 1 1/2- 2 hours.
- If top browns too quickly, slip aluminum foil over the tin.
- Let stand in the tin 10- 15 minutes, then turn onto a rack to cool completely.