Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a VERY YUMMY rice stuffing recipe that is most commonly used in the Middle East. It is used to stuff lamb, chicken, and just about anything else you want! I will be posting recipes that will call for "hashweh"! *This recipe calls for lamb meat to be finely chopped, but I normally just use hamburger meat and it turns out AWEOMSE! :) Also, just a personally preference, but this really tastes great with both the almonds and the pine nuts! Enjoy!
- Brown meat lightly in butter. Add rice, salt, and spices. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of hot water. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add the sauteed pine nuts and/or blanched almonds. Mix well. Mixture is ready to stuff lamb, chicken, etc.
- This can be also served seperately. If you are going to do this instead of stuffing a chicken, etc., simmer it 5 more minutes or until rice is very tender.
- *I also add one 20 oz. can of chick peas to this recipes, adding it the same time I add the pine nuts and almonds, and it turns out just wonderful! Enjoy!