Pali's Favorites's Note:
This is a VERY YUMMY rice stuffing recipe that is most commonly used in the Middle East. It is used to stuff lamb, chicken, and just about anything else you want! I will be posting recipes that will call for "hashweh"! *This recipe calls for lamb meat to be finely chopped, but I normally just use hamburger meat and it turns out AWEOMSE! :) Also, just a personally preference, but this really tastes great with both the almonds and the pine nuts! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat lightly in butter. Add rice, salt, and spices. Stir for 2 minutes.
- 2Add 3 1/2 cups of hot water. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes.
- 3Add the sauteed pine nuts and/or blanched almonds. Mix well. Mixture is ready to stuff lamb, chicken, etc.
- 4This can be also served seperately. If you are going to do this instead of stuffing a chicken, etc., simmer it 5 more minutes or until rice is very tender.
- 5*I also add one 20 oz. can of chick peas to this recipes, adding it the same time I add the pine nuts and almonds, and it turns out just wonderful! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hashweh ("rice Stuffing") Middle East, Palestine
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.0
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 1072.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 23.4 g