Recipe by Pali's Favorites
This is a VERY YUMMY rice stuffing recipe that is most commonly used in the Middle East. It is used to stuff lamb, chicken, and just about anything else you want! I will be posting recipes that will call for "hashweh"! *This recipe calls for lamb meat to be finely chopped, but I normally just use hamburger meat and it turns out AWEOMSE! :) Also, just a personally preference, but this really tastes great with both the almonds and the pine nuts! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb, finely chopped
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup pine nuts, and or 1 cup blanched almond
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 1⁄2 cups water or 3 1⁄2 cups broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat lightly in butter. Add rice, salt, and spices. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of hot water. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add the sauteed pine nuts and/or blanched almonds. Mix well. Mixture is ready to stuff lamb, chicken, etc.
- This can be also served seperately. If you are going to do this instead of stuffing a chicken, etc., simmer it 5 more minutes or until rice is very tender.
- *I also add one 20 oz. can of chick peas to this recipes, adding it the same time I add the pine nuts and almonds, and it turns out just wonderful! Enjoy!