Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
You'll actually like brussel sprouts... I swear. My mom always makes it for Thanksgiving and everyone gets 2nds.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed, cut in half and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the sprouts and garlic and cook until the sprouts begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the wine and lemon juice, and cook covered until the sprouts are easily pierced with a fork but not soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the oregano and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or warm.
This was so yummy and even some of the "no" brussels spout crowd liked it very much. Followed the recipe except it took a bit longer to reach a tender stage after the wine. Other than that perfect.
This is sooo good! I substituted all lemon juice for the wine. It has a pleasant flavor and nice texture, and no bitterness. This will be made again at my house!