Prep 3 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hashbrowns in your freezer....shredded, o'briens or country style. Make your own and have them on hand at anytime. Why pay almost $3.00 for a bag of hashbrowns when you can make several bags for about the same cost as one?
- Boil potatoes insalted water until a fork inserts easily into potato.
- Drain water and let potatoes cool until you can handle them.
- Peel potatoes with a spoon.
- What kind of Hashbrowns do you want, shredded, diced, o'brien, or country style.
- Shredded -- use a box shredder shredd potatoes.
- Diced -- dice into size you like ( add onions and green peppers for o'brien).
- Country style: sliced or chunky cut.
- after you have made the potatoes into the style of hasbrowns you want.
- place on a jelly roll pan and place in freezer for a couple of hours, then take out and package into freezer bags. label and place back into freezer until needed. Use as you would any hashbrowns, in casseroles or just as a side dish.
- I use my kitchen scale to weigh out my bags into 1 lb bags.