Hashbrowns in your freezer....shredded, o'briens or country style. Make your own and have them on hand at anytime. Why pay almost $3.00 for a bag of hashbrowns when you can make several bags for about the same cost as one?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes insalted water until a fork inserts easily into potato.
- 2Drain water and let potatoes cool until you can handle them.
- 3Peel potatoes with a spoon.
- 4What kind of Hashbrowns do you want, shredded, diced, o'brien, or country style.
- 5Shredded -- use a box shredder shredd potatoes.
- 6Diced -- dice into size you like ( add onions and green peppers for o'brien).
- 7Country style: sliced or chunky cut.
- 8after you have made the potatoes into the style of hasbrowns you want.
- 9place on a jelly roll pan and place in freezer for a couple of hours, then take out and package into freezer bags. label and place back into freezer until needed. Use as you would any hashbrowns, in casseroles or just as a side dish.
- 10I use my kitchen scale to weigh out my bags into 1 lb bags.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hashbrowns (OAMC)
Serving Size: 1 (1213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 515.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 9.1 g