Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ahhh... Cracker Barrel's hash brown casserole... good huh? I have always loved this and was excited to try the copycat recipe I found in Toff Wilbur's copy cat boook.
- 1 (26 ounce) bag frozen hash browns, country style
- 2 cups shredded colby cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock or 1⁄2 cup canned broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter, melted
- Comine all of the remaining ingredients, except the last, in another bowl. Mix until well blended and pour over the hashbrown mixture and mix well.
- Heat the remaining butter in a large oven proof skillet over high heat.
- When the skillet is hot spoon in the hashbrown mixture. Cook the hashbrowns, stirring occasionally, until hot and all of the cheese is melted (about 7 minutes).
- Put the skillet into the oven and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the surface of the hash browns is dark brown.