Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have made this for my co-workers and they love it. Hashbrown casseroles are not all that unique of a dish but this one is good enough to share. The bacon I used is a thick cut applewood smoked bacon.
- Mix all ingredients together (except the bacon and 1 of the bags of cheese) in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon and mix in some of the bacon drippings.
- Place in oven-safe casserole dish.
- Bake covered (with lid or foil) in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and add some shredded cheese on top (I do about half of the 2nd bag).
- Bust up or cut up the bacon then add it to the top and return to oven for another 30 minutes until brown.