- 1 lb frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted (real butter)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 4 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- plain potato chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Carefully mix all of the ingredients except the potato chips in a large bowl or dish, make sure to incorporate all ingredients evenly. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 dish, spread evenly, crush potato chips and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for exactly 1 hour, uncovered. Let cool for approx 30 min, and serve!