Recipe by ToriRyuzaki
One morning, my sister and I were in the mood for a big breakfast. However, we wanted something a little different to get us out of the breakfast rut. This was my result. I prepared this again the following weekend and the whole family loved it!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I pretty much followed the recipe, I did cut it in half for just the 2 of us, used only a couple of drops of hot sauce, then seasoned it with a small shake of salt & some lemon pepper! Worked just fine, & we had a very satisfying breakfast! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 lb breakfast sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 7 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄8 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet add the sausage and cook until most of it is brown.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add the grated potatoes, onion, and salt to the skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until the hashbrowns are golden brown.
- Push the mixture to one side of the pan and scramble the eggs in the empty space.
- Once cooked, stir them into the hashbrowns.
- Add the hot sauce, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Stir well and serve immediately.