Recipe by Bergy
This is a great "after company" leftover dish. The whole family will enjoy it.
Top Review by Tulip-Fairy
I changed the ingredients a bit here, used chicken instead of beef (that's what we had for sunday dinner yesterday!) used carrots instead of the peppers, left out the whiskey (the kids are rowdy enough lol)but did the rest and it was a definate hit!! Beats bubble & squeak any day of the week! (which is what i usually do with the left overs!)
- 3 cups cooked roast beef, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup beef gravy
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chopped roast beef,onion, green pepper,raisins, worcestershire sauce,Salt& Pepper.
- Moisten the hash with the Whiskey (if using).
- Mix in the beef gravy.
- Put in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Combine the mashed potatoes with 1/2 cup cheddar and the chives.
- Top the casserole with potatoes.
- Sprinkle the last of the cheese on top.
- Bake in 450F degrees oven until it is heated through and the top is nicely browned (about 25 minutes).