This recipe from BBC Good Food makes a simple to prepare but luxurious brunch for a special occasion. It is wonderful served with poached eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the unpeeled potatoes onto a clean tea towel.
- 2Bring up the edges of the towel, then squeeze over the sink to remove any excess water in the potatoes.
- 3Tip into a bowl with the flour and mustard. (I also add an egg if it doesn't hold together.).
- 4Season well with salt and pepper and mix together.
- 5Divide the mixture into 8 portions and flatten between your hands.
- 6Heat a large frying pan with the butter and oil, then add the potatoes to the pan.
- 7Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, over a medium heat, until golden.
- 8Stack a couple of hash browns on each serving plate and top with a slice of the smoked salmon.
- 9Garnish with sour cream and chives to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns With Mustard and Smoked Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: