Recipe by Irmgard
This recipe from BBC Good Food makes a simple to prepare but luxurious brunch for a special occasion. It is wonderful served with poached eggs.
- 12 ounces baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 slices smoked salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the unpeeled potatoes onto a clean tea towel.
- Bring up the edges of the towel, then squeeze over the sink to remove any excess water in the potatoes.
- Tip into a bowl with the flour and mustard. (I also add an egg if it doesn't hold together.).
- Season well with salt and pepper and mix together.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and flatten between your hands.
- Heat a large frying pan with the butter and oil, then add the potatoes to the pan.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, over a medium heat, until golden.
- Stack a couple of hash browns on each serving plate and top with a slice of the smoked salmon.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives to serve.