Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a different way to dress up a turkey cutlet (chicken would work, too) that was in Rachael Ray magazine. Hope you like it!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen hash browns, thawed (1 pound grated fresh baking potato would work too)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey cutlets, pounded thin (4)
- In a wide, shallow bowl, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon flour, then with the parmesan cheese and scallions. Season with salt. Place eggs in a separate bowl and lightly beat. Place the remaining 1/2 cup flour in a third bowl and season with salt.
- In a large, heavy, nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Working with 1 cutlet at a time, coat the turkey with the flour first, shake off the excess, then dip in the egg bowl, then finally dip in the potato mixture, pressing the potato into each side.
- Cook the cutlets in the skillet, adding more oil if necessary, turning halfway through, until potato "breading" is golden and crisp. Should be 5 minutes or so per side.
- Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain.