1/1 Photo of Hash Browns Stroganoff Pie
Beautiful BC's Note:
This is a simple, but tasty meal that works great for those nights when you don't really feel like cooking but know you have to. It comes from Grandma's Touch cookbook. I jazz it up a wee bit with the cajun spice, can of diced green chili's and sometimes a chopped jalapeno. Those are optional items and can be left out if preferred. I usually serve it with a green salad and some steamed broccoli. (** I use Emeril Lagasse's Essence cajun spice)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cajun spices (optional)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Combine the egg, potatoes and sour cream. Press into a greased 8 inch pie plate. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- 2In a large skillet, brown the beef . Add the optional cajun spice when cooked about half way. Continue to brown beef until it's just finished cooking and drain off excess fat.
- 3Add the onion and celery to the meat and saute until the onions are transparent. Remove from heat.
- 4Add the soup, sour cream, salt & pepper. (This is when to add the optional tin of green chili's and jalapeno as well. Depending on our company, I sometimes leave out the jalapeno but do add the tin of diced chili's). Mix well.
- 5Spread beef mixture into hash brown shell and top with grated cheese.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 7Let sit for 5 minutes after removing from oven before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns Stroganoff Pie
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 163.8 mg
- Sodium 451.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup