Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Everyday Health. The recipe calls for 2 packages of egg substitute.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 ounces turkey ham
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 32 ounces egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread hash brown potatoes and broccoli evenly in bottom of prepared baking dish; top with turkey bacon or ham. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gradually stir milk into flour. Stir in egg product, half of the cheese, the basil, black pepper, and salt. Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Tastes great. Like that it was somewhat low fat. Used 16 large eggs instead of the egg substitute. Added fresh mushrooms. Too much liquid. Will use more flour or cornstarch to thicken it the next time I make it.