Prep 12 mins
Cook 35 mins
Real comfort food!! Yummy!
Make and share this Hash Browns Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In soup pot, mix first 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add soup and milk; stir until smooth.
- Add ham, parsley, and garlic salt.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add bacon and serve.
I made this for dinner tonight and it was very good. Simple and easy to put together. I had all of the ingredients on hand. Thanks for posting this.
This recipe makes a very nice, creamy soup. I especially loved the bacon on top. I only made half a batch, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for the great recipe!!
MissNezz, you've got a winner with this recipe! The soup was very easy to prepare and the smell as it simmered was wonderful. This was only a prelude to the delicious taste! The only change I made to the recipe was the addition of smoked sausage along with the ham. You were right...this is total comfort food. Thanks for a great recipe!