Recipe by anovamom
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law after having it for breakfast at her house. I've never made it myself, but it was so delicious, I thought I'd share. I'm not sure if you can use another type of oil, so any reviews using a different oil would be appreciated.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Terrific breakfast casserole! The hashbrowns stay nice and crisp, even after baking with the egg mixture. You'd swear there was more than 4 eggs....the milk really "stretches" the mixture without becomming soggy. I browned my onions in with the sausage. I added salt, pepper and tarragon to the egg mixture. The entire family loved it. Thanx for a great breakfast that we'll enjoy often.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 5 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 lb sausage, browned and well drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and milk, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix hashbrowns and oil.
- Press along the bottom and up the sides of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 475* for 15 minutes.
- Layer the sausage, cheese, and onions over the potatoes.
- Pour the egg/milk mixture evenly over the top.
- Turn oven down to 350* and bake for 30 minutes until firm.