Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love hashbrowns so I came up with a replacement and I found I like this also
- 2 -3 large carrots, shredded
- 4 -6 mushrooms, chopped (I like baby bellas)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- Spray non stick skillet with non-fat cooking spray (liberally).
- Over medium high heat add all ingrediants and cook to desired doneness.
- some option ideas:.
- add Mrs. Dash for flavor.
- Red and/or green bell peppers can also be used.
Yummy yes! Hash Browns no! We loved the flavor of this quick healthy dish and it made a delightful change of pace that we will be enjoying again, but in no way reminded us of hash browns. I made using 2 good size carrots, 6 little mushrooms, for step 4 in place of Mrs. Dash used Salt Free Creole Seasoning Recipe 456289 by Rev Dr J, and also did step 5 add 1/4 of both a red and green bell pepper. I will be making this exactly the same way next time, thanks for the tasty post.
Made this following the instructions and using Mrs. Dash onion flavor seasoning. I also added some green peppers for some more vegies and color. It is a tasty dish but I think it is more like a stir-fry (which I still loved) probably due to the way I cooked them and DH saying where are the potatoes. Definately will make again for me anyway. Thank you for submitting the recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2011.