Recipe by Emeraldfire
Recipes courtesy Paula Deen, 2007 Show: Paula's Home Cooking Episode: Breakfast Eggstravaganza
Top Review by Junebug
The only change I made to this was to use crisp bacon instead of ham. And I let it cook a little bit then sprinkled the bacon over the top so it would stay crisp. I served this for Easter brunch and everyone liked it. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe!
- 3 cups shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup diced green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.