Recipe by carrie sheridan
A great breakfast dish, all in one - that can be prepared ahead for company or for a special morning
- 3 cups loose-pack frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove the excess moisture.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Combine the ham, cheese and green pepper and spoon it over the potato crust.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ham and cheese mixture.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes - or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To save time, you can make the hash brown crust and chop the ham, cheese and peppers the night before.