Recipe by Jellyqueen
I found this recipe in one of the TOH special additions. Our Christmas meal at our home is Breakfast Brunch. I made this dish this year, with a couple of revisions, and it was the hit of the brunch.
Top Review by cakebossette
This is a "go-to" recipe for brunch for guests. I use the refrigerated hashbrowns found near the eggs in your grocery stores. My favorite combo is bacon, gorgonzola and asparagus! Or feta, mushrooms and gyro meat!
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and drained well
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, diced into very small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Presh hash browns between paper towels to be sure to get all moisture out.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased, deep dish 9" pie plate.
- Drizzle butter over hash browns.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ham and cheese.
- When the hash browns are browned, spread the ham and cheese mixture over the top.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour evenly over the ham and cheese mixture.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 and bake the quiche for 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Hint: my family loved this with sauted garlic mushrooms served over the top of each slice, salsa would be good served over the top also.