I found this recipe in one of the TOH special additions. Our Christmas meal at our home is Breakfast Brunch. I made this dish this year, with a couple of revisions, and it was the hit of the brunch.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Presh hash browns between paper towels to be sure to get all moisture out.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased, deep dish 9" pie plate.
- Drizzle butter over hash browns.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ham and cheese.
- When the hash browns are browned, spread the ham and cheese mixture over the top.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour evenly over the ham and cheese mixture.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 and bake the quiche for 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Hint: my family loved this with sauted garlic mushrooms served over the top of each slice, salsa would be good served over the top also.