I found this recipe in one of the TOH special additions. Our Christmas meal at our home is Breakfast Brunch. I made this dish this year, with a couple of revisions, and it was the hit of the brunch.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Presh hash browns between paper towels to be sure to get all moisture out.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased, deep dish 9" pie plate.
- Drizzle butter over hash browns.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ham and cheese.
- When the hash browns are browned, spread the ham and cheese mixture over the top.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour evenly over the ham and cheese mixture.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 and bake the quiche for 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Hint: my family loved this with sauted garlic mushrooms served over the top of each slice, salsa would be good served over the top also.
This is a "go-to" recipe for brunch for guests. I use the refrigerated hashbrowns found near the eggs in your grocery stores. My favorite combo is bacon, gorgonzola and asparagus! Or feta, mushrooms and gyro meat!
Loved it but I'll make two next time. My three teenage boys wanted more!
Yummy! Definitely a keeper!