Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nothing fancy here. Satisfies my salt-starch craving.
- 3 cups water
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- Add water and hashbrowns in a large pot.
- Boil until hashbrowns are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Heat until desired thickness; adjust seasoning to taste with salt and lots of coarse black pepper.
I got a tooth pulled today so was looking for something soft and quick for dinner. I had everything on hand so went with this recipe. I used all chicken broth instead of water and broth. We thought it was missing something so I added onion, celery seed, pepper and cheddar cheese.
Mom and I made this last night for dinner and loved it. We added garlic powder and also sprinkled cheese on top. Thanks so much for something so easy and so good.
This really was quick and easy! At the end of the cook time I added some shredded cheddar cheese and chopped up ham. Sour cream would be a nice addition, too.