My family would rather have their potato salad made this way than any other and it's so easy I sure don't mind. I can't remember where I learned this but I've been doing it this way for years. No peeling, chopping, boiling, etc. Except for the potatoes I'm just making a guess on the amounts listed. I never measure but I had to put in something to get the recipe posted.
- Poke some holes in the hash brown package with a fork; microwave on High 6 minutes.
- Shake bag to "stir" potatoes; microwave another 6 minutes.
- Open bag and pour into a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, chopped onion, pickle relish, chopped boiled eggs. (Use whatever combination your family likes in their potato salad.).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.