Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together eggs and milk in medium bowl.
- Stir in potatoes, green onions, salt, and pepper, sauce.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and half the bacon.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon and 1/2 cup cheese over top.
- Continue baking for 3 to 4 minutes.
Excellent recipe!! Easy to make, no hassle. I purchased the hash brown potatoes unfrozen and used precooked bacon pieces to save time. This made it real simple. Next time I will probably try it with cubed ham and vary the types of cheeses. Add some diced green pepper. Mmmm! Mmmm!
I gave this recipe 5 stars! This is one of my future hubbies and mine favorite recipes. I got my copy from Ore-Ida. When I make this recipe I saute my onions and just use a regular onion. I also use hot sauce for the hot pepper sauce and I add a bit more to taste. I add a 1/2 green pepper which I also saute, 1/2 pound cooked sage breakfast sausage, I use whatever cheese I have on hand like mexican blend. My copy says you can use 1 1/4 c egg substitute for the eggs and 1/3 c real bacon bits for the bacon. Overall this is such a yummy recipe that I make often! Thanks for posting a yummy recipe! Christine (internetnut)
Made for I Recommend Tag. We enjoyed this, however, I had issues with it getting done in the center and the potatoes didn't get as done as I would have liked. I did pop it in the microwave to finish it off as it was getting quite brown. Aside from that I would make that again ~ I think that next time I would parboil the potatoes for a few minutes before I bake it. Thanks for posting this Mary!