1 hr 10 mins
This is another of my mother in-laws recipes. I absolutely love this. Most times I need to double the recipe. I usually add more cheese than what is called for as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- salt and pepper
- 1Place thawed potatoes in large bowl.
- 2Add 1/2 cup melted butter to potatoes.
- 3Add in sour cream, cheese, soup, onion salt and pepper. mix well.
- 4Place in 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- 5Mix the crushed corn flakes and 2-3 tablespoons melted butter together. sprinkle on top of potatoes.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.8
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 775.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.4 g