Recipe by ladygwyn
This is another of my mother in-laws recipes. I absolutely love this. Most times I need to double the recipe. I usually add more cheese than what is called for as well.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
Great casserole. I have had a few different versions of casseroles like this before, but I really enjoyed this one. The corn flakes on top made a nice crunch. I think I'd like it with cream of chicken soup too. This is something you could safely take to family get togethers or potlucks and bring home an empty dish. Thanks for posting!
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place thawed potatoes in large bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter to potatoes.
- Add in sour cream, cheese, soup, onion salt and pepper. mix well.
- Place in 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- Mix the crushed corn flakes and 2-3 tablespoons melted butter together. sprinkle on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes.