Recipe by jennifer.blake-somers
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. It's great for get-togethers because it can be made ahead of time and just popped into the oven. Everyone loves it - even the kids!
- 2 lbs southern style hash browns
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix onion, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add hashbrown potatoes and mix well.
- Spread into a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes and paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.