Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
Hash brown potatoes, bacon, cheese, eggs, all together in one pan. I love this served with salsa! I found this treasure in Better Homes & Gardens Treasured Recipes.
- 4 slice bacon
- 473.18 ml refrigerated hash brown potatoes (about half of a frozen 20-oz. package, thawed)
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 236.59 ml mild cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- sliced green onion (optional for garnish)
- In large frying pan, cook bacon until crips.
- Drain bacon on paper towels and drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- Combine potatoes, chopped onions, and bell pepper.
- Press down in even layer in pan.
- Cook, uncovered over low heat until crisp and brown on bottom.
- (About 7 minutes) While potatoes are cooking, crumble bacon and set aside.
- Carefully turn over.
- (If this is difficult for you to turn, try oiling second pan and flipping potato mixture directly from one pan to the other.) In a small mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Pour this mixture over potato mixture.
- Top with cheese and bacon.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Loosen omelet; fold in half.
- Turn out of skillet onto plate.
- Cut into 4 wedges to serve.
- If desired, garnish with green onion slices.
i was going to enter this recipe but wanted to make sure it wasn't a double post...well sure enough here it is...and i have the cookbook too. a non-stick pan is really helpful and i usually add more bacon. tastes like a cheesy, crustless quiche. i add more salt but i'm a salt-a-holic so add to your taste.
wonderful! wonderful!! one of the rare recipes that I won't change at all! Fixed it for dinner with a small salad.. Delicious, delicious!! Its going into my favorites file and will be used many more times.. thanks for posting it.. I sure appreciate it!!
Awesome! Just finished breakfast and I gotta say this was excellent. YUmmie. Thanks for sharing this recipe.