1/1 Photo of Hash Browns Omelet
Hash brown potatoes, bacon, cheese, eggs, all together in one pan. I love this served with salsa! I found this treasure in Better Homes & Gardens Treasured Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups refrigerated hash brown potatoes (about half of a frozen 20-oz. package, thawed)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- sliced green onion (optional for garnish)
- 1In large frying pan, cook bacon until crips.
- 2Drain bacon on paper towels and drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- 3Combine potatoes, chopped onions, and bell pepper.
- 4Press down in even layer in pan.
- 5Cook, uncovered over low heat until crisp and brown on bottom.
- 6(About 7 minutes) While potatoes are cooking, crumble bacon and set aside.
- 7Carefully turn over.
- 8(If this is difficult for you to turn, try oiling second pan and flipping potato mixture directly from one pan to the other.) In a small mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper.
- 9Pour this mixture over potato mixture.
- 10Top with cheese and bacon.
- 11Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- 12Loosen omelet; fold in half.
- 13Turn out of skillet onto plate.
- 14Cut into 4 wedges to serve.
- 15If desired, garnish with green onion slices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.6
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 258.7 mg
- Sodium 999.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 18.9 g