Hash brown potatoes, bacon, cheese, eggs, all together in one pan. I love this served with salsa! I found this treasure in Better Homes & Gardens Treasured Recipes.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups refrigerated hash brown potatoes (about half of a frozen 20-oz. package, thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- sliced green onion (optional for garnish)
- In large frying pan, cook bacon until crips.
- Drain bacon on paper towels and drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- Combine potatoes, chopped onions, and bell pepper.
- Press down in even layer in pan.
- Cook, uncovered over low heat until crisp and brown on bottom.
- (About 7 minutes) While potatoes are cooking, crumble bacon and set aside.
- Carefully turn over.
- (If this is difficult for you to turn, try oiling second pan and flipping potato mixture directly from one pan to the other.) In a small mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Pour this mixture over potato mixture.
- Top with cheese and bacon.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Loosen omelet; fold in half.
- Turn out of skillet onto plate.
- Cut into 4 wedges to serve.
- If desired, garnish with green onion slices.