Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good for breakfast or evening meal. I do add a bit of red pepper flakes to hash browns as we like food with zip.
- Fry bacon and remove from pan.
- Leave some grease and add hash browns, onion, salt and pepper if desired.
- When potatoes are browned slightly pat down.
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over hash brown mixture.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.
- Add cheese.
- Cover and let cook over low heat 15 - 20 minutes.
This was a good nontraditional omelet. I rounded up my rating from 3.5 stars. I took your advice and added the crushed red pepper. I also skipped the cheese, and added tomatoes to make up some of the moisture (it was still on the dry side though), then topped it with dill, which really made it. Surprisingly, the potatoes are very subtle in this. I didn't cook it as long as the directions stated, I was afraid it would be overcooked. This served 2 people (without side dishes).
This was a tasty breakfast and so easy to prepare. Nice to be able to throw it together and then sit and enjoy a quiet bit of relax time with a coffee while it cooked - and then wake up the family! I used a 12 inch fry pan - think it would be better suited to a 10 inch one. Next time I think I'll add one finely chopped jalapeno for added flavour as well as the spice. Thanks for sharing!