Breakfast.....Our favorite meal anytime. This is another one that makes a quick, tasty meal. I have even done it on the campfire while we are camping. The smell is mouthwatering!
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 2 cups frozen hash browns (or shredded or chopped potatoes this is totally up to you and is adaptable leftover baked potatoes w)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (again your choice but we like velveeta or cheddar)
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in heavy skillet until crisp.
- Remove from pan and set aside, crumble when cool.
- In bacon drippings in same skillet, mix potatoes, onion and green peppers.
- Cook over low heat until underside is crisp and brown.
- Blend eggs and milk and pour over potato mixture.
- Top with cheese and bacon.
- Cook over low heat until egg is done, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and season with salt and pepper.
Awesome brunch recipe, very easy to make I love the green pepper in this I grated the onion as no one in this family likes big chunks of onion. I used sharp cheddar cheese and lots of pepper. Also I thawed the frozen hashbrowns (grated) in the microwave for 3 min on high. I made mine in a 11 1/2 in skillet but think next time I will like to try using a smaller skillet (10 inch) for a thicker omelet.
This was so good. I LOVE eggs and eat them for any meal. I had this for lunch today and it was so wonderful. I will be making this over and over! I used white cheddar cheese and added diced red pepper. This was fabulous!