Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Meatless and no soup. There is a few eggs with milk to let the spices mellow in the potatoes. You can make ahead, refrigerate, serve the next day and it is very flavorable.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups of fresh hash browns or 6 cups frozen hash browns
- 1 (4 ounce) canmild diced green chilies
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup diced fresh carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Rinse fresh hashbrowns or frozen hashbrowns in a colander to rinse off the starch or thaw the frozen ones.
- Spread out on a towel and pat dry.
- In large frying pan, add olive oil, heat and add ingredients except the eggs and milk.
- Fry medium heat until the bottom starts to brown.
- Beat eggs in bowl, then add milk and mix.
- Pour over hashbrowns and vegetables.
- Turn over with spatula and mix so that eggs and milk are well mixed.
- Turn over a few times so you have scattering of crunchy and soft.
- Hubby was surprised with the carrots in it.
- He was unsure about the carrots. Now he says "make again". For those who cannot drink regular milk, soy milk or coconut milk can be substituted.