Recipe by Aroostook
An easy recipe with simple ingredients...=) Add salt and pepper to taste after these are cooked but are still very hot.
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a heavy 12 inch cast-iron or stainless-steel skillet with sloping sides .
- Shred potatoes with a hand grater or food processor.
- Place potatoes in a bowl of cold water immediately.
- Drain the grated potatoes thoroughly with a colander. Squeeze out excess water.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil on medium-high heat
- Scatter the potatoes evenly and press down firmly with a spatula.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for approximately eight minutes.
- Let them cook until brown and crispy.
- Flip the hash browns when the first side is browned and cook for another seven minutes.