Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
It was thrown together one morning when I had my husbands family visiting. I had all the ingredients and just began adding it to a skillet. My family called it "heaven", hence the name.
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar is best)
- chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Melt butter; add potatoes, onion and pepper.
- Cook until all are tender about 10 minutes, add ham and continue to cook until ham is heated through.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, serve on a warm platter sprinkled with chopped chives.
Perfect name for this dish. So tasty and so easy to make!!! A great way to use up left over ham or even sausage. A dish that can be easily increased to serve a crowd. Thank you Jbishop, for sharing this dish! :-)
This recipe is so good! You could definitely call this "comfort food". The only bad thing about the recipe is that we couldn't stop eating it!!! I omitted the green peppers and added 4 beaten eggs with the ham, I love ham and eggs together....it probably tastes the same without the eggs. Anyway this has the most amazing flavor!!! My husband still has not stopped talking about it!!!
Thanks Jbishop,what a great recipe,this was sooooo good,the only thing I did different was I left out the green peppers,this is a recipe you could use for breakfast or dinner,very good. Thanks,Darlene Summers