Top Review by Derf
nice change from the usual crust for chique; nice and crisp. I had a little broccoli I had to use up so i threw it in too and had to use cheddar, it was the only cheese i had and I use 2% milk instead of cream. It all turned out great, thanks for posting, it was a great guideline! I will try it with the proper ingredients next time.
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Get out the excess moisture by pressing the hash browns between paper towels.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Press hash browns onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Drizzle hash browns with melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees, for 20-25 minutes or til the edges are browned.
- Mix together the cheeses and ham; pour onto crust and spread evenly.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, cream, seasoned salt, and pepper; pour over ham/cheese.
- In a 350 degree oven, bake, uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.