Recipe by Pink Penguin
Transform the humble spud and egg into something really special. The chili and coriander give this dish a real kick.
- 1 lb potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, finely shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 medium red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the potatoes,then squeeze out as much liquid as possible with your hands and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil in a large (23-25cm non stick oven proof frying pan.
- Add the leeks and cook stirring for 2 minutes Stir in grated potatoes and carrots, then lightly spread the mixture out in the pan.
- Fry the mixture over a medium heat for 10 minutes till its nicely golden underneath.
- Place the pan under the grill and cook for 5 minutes or until the hash is golden on top. Remove from the grill and make four indentations in the surface.
- Then crack four eggs into the indentations, grind over a little black pepper and scatter over the chili and coriander.
- Next cover the pan with a lid and place it back on the hob over a medium heat and cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.