Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
i found this recipe in our local monthly electric coop magazine. Prep and cook times are estimated.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans water
- 2 -3 cooked chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper
- onion flakes
- Mix together soups and water; heat until very hot.
- Drop hash browns into hot soup to cook potatoes and thicken soup.
- Add cooked chicken and seasonings and heat through.
Very good soup. I halved the recipe and used 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 grilled chicken breast and homemade chicken stock instead of canned broth. I think this would also be good with additiional vegies added, such as celery, carrots and peas and will try it that way next time just to experiment a little.