Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Do not be foiled by the name. This chicken makes a great presentation on any dinner table.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard (i use grey poupon)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 cups hash browns (i use the simply potatoes brand by the lunch meat section of my grocery store...in a green bag)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and add oil to your pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on all chicken breasts. Spread 1 tsp of mustard on each chicken breast.
- Next mix your hashbrowns with the garlic salt.
- Top each breast mustard side up with hashbrowns and press down to make sure the hashbrowns stay on the chicken breasts.
- Add each chicken breast hashbrown side down to your hot pan. Cook for 5 minutes without touching the chicken. As soon as you see the sides of the hashbrowns turning a golden color carefully flip the chicken breasts over. Continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Turn your heat down to low, cover and cook the chicken for 10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink.
The hash browns didn't stick as well as I hoped. I am sure that was more my fault than the recipe's! Had great flavor though.
We really enjoyed this combo! So easy to prepare and the overall flavor is tasty, while the chicken stays moist! I easily halved the recipe and followed it exaclty as written~wouldn't change a thing! Will definitely make this again, thanks for sharing!:)