Recipe by SmileySabrina
This recipe came from a slow cooker recipe book and I tweaked it a bit.I make it for the whole family as a meal and there is always leftovers.Its really great.The original recipe is only 5 WW points for 2/3 cup.I omitted the Topping and added sausage and/or bacon into the recipe and topped with cheese instead.I also baked it till the cheese was bubbly or going brown.
- 284 ml condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 kg frozen hash browns
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 cooked sliced breakfast sausage or 6 slices cooked cut up bacon
Topping (their version)
- 1 tablespoon hard margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir first 5 ingredients in large bowl.If you are adding the sausages and/or bacon (ham would probably be great too),mix them in as well.
- Add hashbrowns and the 1 cup grated cheese.Put into slow cooker.Cover Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Topping:(their version).
- Melt margarine in small saucepan.Stir in cornflake crumbs.Saute until crisp.Scatter over top before serving.
- If you would like my topping,you would put the mixture into a large casserole dish after cooking,Pack down and sprinkle the 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.I then put it in the oven on broil until the cheese gets bubbly and possibly starts to go brown.