Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was my grandmas recipe, it is so easy and I always have the stuff to make it. Goes great with anything.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Press into a greased 9x13 pan, bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
This is comfort food at its best. The only thing I added to the recipe was probably 1/2 cup of diced cooked bacon that I had in the fridge. I might put cornflake crumbs on top next time to give it a little crunch. I also used the 20 ounce package of Simply Hashbrowns (dairy section of the grocery store) with onion, and that seemed to work quite well.
This is one of our favorite recipes for family get togethers. We bake it with crushed cornflakes on top with more butter drizzled over that for a nice crunchy topping.
i love this recipe its easy and filling