Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A old favourite from my best friend's mother!
- 32 ounces hash browns
- 2 cups light cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Mix sour cream and soup together in a large bowl.
- Add cheese, onion, salt and pepper.
- Fold in hash browns and mix thouroughly.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
You can't go wrong with this. It's a great potato side dish for pretty much anything, and just as great for picnic/potlucks. I made this as written, thawing my hashbrowns first. IMO, you could reduce the fat even further by halving the amount of butter. I think it would still be moist, cheesy and yummy. Thanx!
This was a good low fat alternative to one of my favorites at Cracker Barrel